Want to know my secret weapon that any girl can take advantage of? A good powder on top of your makeup will give you a flawless and necessary finish. Even if you are the type of girl who never wears any makeup—a little powder won’t hurt! Powders do two things; first, it sets your makeup perfectly and gives a wonderful finish. Secondly, it prevents the shine that appears as the day goes on—no one likes feeling oily! Powder is an essential step that any make-up wearing girl should never skip.
How to choose a powder
There are so many different types of powder out there, how do you know which is best? Loose translucent powders are the way to go if you don’t want the feeling having a lot of makeup on your face. A translucent powder is light and gives a natural, sheer, flawless finish. If your skin is more on the oily side, a pressed translucent powder may be better for you. A translucent powder over your concealer and foundation will set makeup while not adding much extra color—to give an even natural look.
Tips and tricks
Apply your eye makeup last. After applying foundation and powder, sweep a little extra powder under your eyes; if you happen to have a fleck on eye shadow fall on your face, it will be much easier to dust off on powder versus just a foundation base
- You can also brush some powder on your eyelids—this will make your powdered eye shadow go on more smoothly and not pull the sensitive skin on your eyelids. (Note: I said powdered eye shadow, if you are using a cream eye shadow, a powder base isn’t necessary)
- Powder sets your blush perfectly, especially a cream blush
- If you want a matte look to your lipstick, place a tissue over your lips and powder through the tissues—this gives amazing wear
- To give eye lashes a thicker appearance, dust powder over your lashes then apply mascara
- If you’re on the go a lot like me and don’t have time to freshen up at home between school and work or wherever, press a tissue over your face to get rid of the oil then apply your powder to regain the flawless finish
Now that we know just how important powder is—don’t go without it! It really can do wonders and a translucent powder is much nicer on our pores. Go flawless, ladies!
Who else swears by a good powder?