Motives Cosmetics Certified Trainer, Vanessa Corn offered some information on how to get the best looking lips – Red Lips. Take a look at these ways to improve your look when it comes to red lips!
Wearing a red lip is always bold and fun, but there are things to be aware of when choosing this as your look. Here are some suggestions as to how to wear it best:
1. If going for the full red blast, be sure to line your lips to keep them from feathering. Red is the most noticeable when this happens, and is not easy to remove!
2. Red means that the attention will be on your lips. Don’t make them fight for that attention by pairing it with dark eyes. Keep them light, neutral, and natural. A bit of brown or taupe shading, a couple sweeps of mascara, and that’s it!
3. Also keep your cheeks fairly neutral by just using a bit of bronzer to contour, or a natural shade of blush. The Motives Blush Bronzer Duo is a great shade for anyone.
4. Make sure your eyebrows are filled in, if necessary (and it is usually necessary!). This will balance the bold red with the rest of your face. For a fantastic, clean look, use Motives Essential Brow Kit.
5. A thin line of black liquid liner is a great complementary look for red lips. Motives Luxe Precision Eye Line is a great felt-tip marker-style liner, and you can make a very thin line, or build it up to a thicker line. But again, don’t make your lips complete with your eyes!
Simple rules and guides to live by, and your lush red lips will be screaming for attention!
What do you think of these tips? Tell us!