How many of you are cleaning your makeup brushes? My guess not many of you. This New Year we shall strive to do better: I say we because I am guilty of the dirty brush as well.
Think of it this way: Professional make up brushes are an investment and the best way to get the most out of your investment is to take care of it. Your makeup only looks as good as the tools you use to apply it.
- Foundation brushes: minimum once a week
- Brushes used for finishing powders and bronzers: once a week
- Blush brushes: once a week
- Eye shadow brushes: every two or three days
- Eyeliner brushes: after every use especially if you use an eyeliner sealant
How to clean
- Dampen the bristles of the makeup brush with warm water.
- Add a small amount of mild shampoo to the brush bristles and lather up.
- Rinse the bristles of the brush under running water until the water turns clear
- When all brushes are clean, run the bristles across the towel then lay them flat across the towel to air dry. Do not dry them standing up.
Properly cleaning your brushes will not only keep them in good condition, keeping them around for a lot longer.
Do you have any brush-cleaning secrets? Share them in the comments section below.