Have you ever painted your nails and left polish on for a long amount of time and removed it later to find your nails with a yellowish tint? I have and I couldn’t stand it! I looked up a few ways to remove the yellow tint and came across this home remedy. I tried it the next day and it worked! Take a look at these few steps and rest assured knowing yellow nails won’t be an issue.
Steps to clean and brighten nails:
- Take 1 tbsp of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide and mix with 2 ½ tbsp of Baking Soda in a small bowl – this should have a paste like consistency
- Use a Q-tip to press some of the mixture onto your entire nail
- Let the mixture sit for around 3 minutes
- Remove mixture by rinsing with luke-warm water
- Repeat steps 1-4 on your other hand
Try this remedy every six to eight weeks to keep your nails looking clean and bright.
What do you think of this way to brighten your nails? Have you tried any nail whitening home remedies? If so, tell us – we would love to hear!