Tired of overly chapped and dehydrated lips that create a blotchy look when lipstick is applied? The secret to moisturized smackers with a smooth texture is buffing! Crazy idea right?
Sometimes, just like your skin, you have to buff off the top layer to get to the fresh skin – same thing for your lips.
Try these few steps to create a smooth canvas:
- Exfoliate damp lips with a tooth brush for about 30 seconds in a circular motion. This will whisk dead skin cells away leaving your lips appearing fuller.
- Make sure your lips are dry and then apply a lip balm to moisturize and rehydrate.
- Blot your mouth with a tissue until your lips feel moisturized but no longer sticky.
- Outline your mouth with the tip of a lip stain pen or a lip liner. One you have lined your lips you can start to fill in the rest with either the lip stain pen or your favorite lipstick.
- Once the color has dried, seal it with a hydrating lip balm for shine and moisture.
Quick Tip: To keep your lips looking luscious and plump, buff your lips before bed and slather them with some type of lip balm. Remember to keep your lips moisturized throughout the day.
Tell us: what are your secrets to kissable lips?